- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (https://danispantry.com/product/sicilian-extra-virgin-olive-oil-by-coluccio-1-liter/)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups of “00” pizza flour (https://danispantry.com/product/00-flour-for-pizza-making-by-casil-2-2-lb-1-kg/)
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour, a cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 2-3 minutes (or make in Kitchen aide with a dough hook. Let mix for 5 minutes on med-low). Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover (wet cloth) and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down the risen dough and let rise one more hour.
Punch down dough again; divide in half. Roll out and press each into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Pre-cook crust for about 10-15 minutes on 375. Take out of oven, top with favorite tomato sauce and cheese. Cook on pizza stone at 500 or 550 until cheese is melted.