Use this Thick and Rich Pizza Sauce Recipe to make your own sauce at home in minutes with just a few pantry staples.
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook
Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
• 2 Tbsp olive oil (Coluccio Sicilian Olive Oil 1-liter )
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 28oz. can whole tomatoes, hand crushed (Coluccio San Marzano whole tomatos)
• 1 6oz. can tomato paste
• 3/4 tsp salt (Seasonello Sea Salt from Sardegna)
• 1 tablespoon fresh basil, cut in small pieces
• 1 tsp dried oregano (Oregano from Sicily)
• Freshly cracked black pepper
• ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (Calabrian hot pepper/)
• 1/2 tablespoon sugar (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Add the olive oil and garlic to a sauce pot and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or just until the garlic is soft and fragrant. 2. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, oregano, some freshly cracked pepper (10-15 cranks of a pepper mill), sugar (optional), and red pepper flakes. Add half of the basil. Stir to combine. 3. Cover the pot, allow the pot to come to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for 15 minutes minimum, or up to 30 minutes. Add the other half of basil.